Business Development Manager - Pharmaceutical / Medical Device Sales
Are you an experienced field based Pharmaceutical or Medical Devices Sales Representative with experience working in Secondary Care? Are you currently looking for a new job in the Oxford, Luton, Reading, or West London area? Our client - a leading Ophthalmic Pharmaceutical and Med Devices company - is looking for a Business Development Manager to take on a varied portfolio covering the West London / Oxfordshire territory.
The key to the success of an applicant for this exciting position within a medium sized, agile company lies in the ability to demonstrate a strong track record within pharmaceutical or medical device sales (preferably within the Ophthalmic market). Successful applicants will also be able to show a background in developing business utilising multiple mediums within the Secondary Care vertical.
- Multiple years’ experience working in Pharmaceutical or Medical Device Sales
- A solid understanding of the sector and an in depth knowledge of selling into the NHS
- A background in Ophthalmics is preferable but not essential
- Demonstrable success in Business Development within the Secondary Care sector
- A background in managing promotional budgets and targeting prospects accordingly
- Past experience making sales presentations and engaging clients on a 1:1 basis
- A flair for autonomous working, setting their own business plans, managing their own time, and designing strategies to maximise sales
- ABPI qualification is highly desirable but not essential
- A life sciences degree is desirable but not essential
- A full and clean UK driving licence is essential
- Autonomously drive forward the Ophthalmic sales of the Business in your territory
- Cover an area from Oxford to the West of London (candidates outside of this area may be considered depending on exact location)
- Develop Business within the Ophthalmic sector utilising multiple mediums of engagement
- Account management of existing customers within the territory, ensuring repeat business
- Produce a territory action plan / strategy in conjunction with senior management in order to maximise sales
- Update and maintain CRM sales systems accordingly
- Stay up to date with changing landscapes in the Healthcare field
- A leading Ophthalmic pharmaceutical and Medical Devices provider servicing retail, public services and industry
- An expanding company with most of the commercial teams based in field nationally
- A forward thinking, agile, and growing organisation who provides freedom and autonomy to implement plans based on your experience
In order to secure the services of the best talent in the sector, our client is willing to be flexible on package.
Zest Scientific is working to a tight deadline on this role, so please apply now and your CV will be reviewed immediately.
Contact: Jason Cox
Telephone: 0114 229 1672