Director of Market Access Germany, Austria & EEU
Zest Medical is currently partnered with a global leading Biotech company specialising in Rare & Serious Diseases that is looking to recruit a Director of Market Access Germany, Austria & EEU to be based from their office close to Frankfurt.
The role will be responsible for all domains of market access in Germany but also with added responsibility for Austria & EEU. The position is very broad and you will be responsible for achieving optimal pricing, reimbursement, HTA positioning, stakeholder engagement and ultimately access to appropriate patients for the company’s whole portfolio across all therapy areas.
You will report directly into the General Manager and will manage a team of two with a broad range of responsibilities and lots of autonomy. This is a senior position and will suit an experienced and entrepreneurial market access professional with deep knowledge of market access in Germany and an appetite for working in a fast paced biotech environment.
- University degree in a related field. Graduate degree in business or economics Epidemiology, Health Economics, or Public Health desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience in reimbursement/market access management in the pharmaceutical industry, with rare disease/speciality indications preferred.
- Extensive market access experience in Germany including end to end AMNOG processes and experience negotiating with German stakeholders and sick funds e.g. GBA
- A good understanding of and experience with the German reimbursement environment is required – further expertise in the payer environment of other countries of the cluster organisation are welcomed. Knowledge of healthcare systems and policy issues, industry commercial business model and how it relates to policy and key stakeholders, knowledge of economic principles of pricing and pharmaceutical markets. A thorough understanding of pharmaceutical commercialization and drug development process is also required.
- Experience with developing and submission of Reimbursement & Pricing dossiers to key government and private HTA and payer authorities.
- Superior communication and strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated through working within cross-functional teams. Ability to build internal and external networks in order to quickly foster and build alliances and working partnerships on a global/country level.
- Experience in building strategic alliances and stakeholder relationships for effective outcomes. Prior experience advocating with government officials.
- Development and implementation of market access and reimbursement strategies and plans for all products across Germany in line with global and regional strategies in order to meet agreed pricing, reimbursement, HTA positioning and patient access targets. Execution of innovative Patient access and Patient management projects. Beside Germany, guide, coach and support the country teams of the smaller countries of the cluster organization.
- Build valuable relationships with payers, local patient groups, other associations and relevant market access and reimbursement stakeholders, which will be utilized to impact payment and access decisions. Convey knowledge of the company and its issues within these offices and negotiate solutions and successful outcomes. Represent the company at key Institutional, trade and Specialty Pharmacy Association meetings.
- Develop and maintain contacts with opinion leaders, customers, patient groups, local Industry associations etc. Communicate facts and opinions with clarity and transparency.
- Prepare and complete accurate submission and management of all materials and negotiations with German market access external stakeholder organizations e.g. GBA, health insurances, their associations, etc. Coordinate cooperation with external vendors.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge, expertise and insight for payers and other key market access stakeholders, to build and maintain expertise on market access, including HTA dynamics and trends. Pro-active identification of potential risks or opportunities of the Health care market especially for the company’s products. Protection of business advantages and development of solutions. Analysis of reimbursement and prescription barriers for all products at local level. Development of solutions, defence and protecting concepts. Share this knowledge and expertise with colleagues within the German organization and across the regional market access function as appropriate and necessary.
- Lead a team of two direct reports in Germany and additionally act as the virtual lead of the market access matrix team of the cluster organisation
- Drive for alignment, consistency and best practice.
- Support regional access colleagues as necessary in the development and execution of pricing, reimbursement, HTA and other market access plans by providing the local market perspective, always taking into account the broader regional implications as well.
- Support the GM as key interface with the governmental affairs colleagues to ensure an alignment of all initiatives to impact the political and payer environment in Germany. Anticipate the development of the payer environment and how this needs to be influenced by all colleagues.
- Office based closed to Frankfurt with travel as needed
- Competitive salary and package
Contact: Lawrence Murphy
Telephone: 0114 2291673