Field Medical Director - Oncology
Everything’s happening over here… *deep breath*: A recent acquisition’s been completed; the pipeline’s received breakthrough designations; the science is on the cutting edge of immunomodulatory cancer treatment (in both solid and liquid malignancies); all being well, the team’s set to double; the global and UK business is integrated; and with a 100% headcount retention rate, and 80% of the Medical staff upwardly mobile, it’s no surprise that this position is available owing to a promotion…
A new Field Medical Director is needed to lead a growing team of 6 MSLs, and as such, I’m keen to chat with experienced Medical Line Managers who have an Oncology and/or Haemato-Oncology background.
Quick flavour of the role:
This hire is an important one with the pipeline at late stages of development and going into multiple 1st and 2nd line launches. The role will lead in-field Medical strategy, reporting to the Head of UK Oncology and giving strategic oversight and direct line-management to a group of senior Medical professionals. Over the next few years, it should also present a good opportunity to build something up, recruiting new MSLs to the cause.
So who’re they looking for?
- Field Medical Line Managers – A large part of this role will be leading the in-field Medical team directly. Experience in line managing MSLs or other Medical Affairs professionals is a must. If experience is in managing headcount other than MSLs, a background in the MSL role yourself would be advantageous.
- Strategic background – This role will take the lead on the UK external engagement strategy for the company’s flagship pipeline in Oncology, and they fully intend to be the leader in this space in the next 3 years. With that in mind, experience in managing KOL / HCP Medical strategies is essential.
- Oncology experience – The pipeline for this role focusses on both Hematology-Oncology, and a range of Solid Tumour indications. A good understanding of the Oncology Therapy area would be extremely advantageous, and potentially essential depending on the experience profiles of other candidates.
- UK base – Head offices are to the West of London, and post-covid, one day in the office could be expected. The last person in the role was based in the North of England, and they remain open to considering people across a wide territory.
What’s the team like?
- Diverse – They’re not limiting things to Medics or Pharmacists, and understand that all qualifications can add value in different ways. The focus is much more on a dedicated track record in Medical Affairs.
- Lean & Experienced – Leading from the above, the people they hire have really strong histories in Medical Affairs and the team is currently quite lean. It looks to be a great place to work, and they’re a rare instance of a team which can boast a 100% retention rate.
What’re the next steps?
If you might be interested, please do apply! Zest Medical is working to a tight deadline here, and interviews are pencilled in for the 3rd and 4th week of March, with extensions based on response into April. Offers are hoped to be sent out as soon as possible after a two stage interview process. After reviewing your CV, I’d be happy to have a call to explain more about the company and wider situation in depth.
Please note: I’ll always try to reply to everyone, but given the tight deadlines, I may not be able to reply to all applications straight away – I’ll certainly do my best though.
Zest Medical – or any division of Zest Business Group – will never send your CV or personal details to any of our clients (existing or speculative) without your express consent, given after a conversation about the specific role with which we’re dealing at the time.
Any personal details sent to us will be treated according to the GDPR.
Contact: Jason Cox
Telephone: 0114 229 1672