International Procurement Director - Pharmaceutical Purchasing
Are you an experienced Procurement professional with a background in the Pharmaceuticals industry? Have you got a history of buying medicines within an international customer base? Zest Medical has been requisitioned to find a Procurement Director for a developing Pharmaceutical Manufacturer based in London (car commute advised). With their new Clinical Trial Supply business unit due to start trading soon, they’re expecting to grow; this position will form part of the larger plan to manage those expansions.
- Demonstrable background in Procurement within the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industries.
- A background showing a track record of delivering cost savings and positive negotiations in supply agreements.
- Strategic exposure – aware of business needs in Procurement strategy and able to define and execute new plans to suit business goals.
- Familiar with setting up exclusive supply agreements and working internationally.
- Aware of the needs in B2B medicine sales.
- Experience in sourcing medicines for B2B selling internationally.
- Commercially astute, able to negotiate and understanding of the market needs.
- MCIPS or MBA
- SME experience
Your new Job:
- Report to the CEO and sit as one of the Directors, defining the business’ strategy.
- Be the lead for Procurement in an SME company undergoing expansions.
- Work closely with the new Business Development Director for the Clinical Trial Supply function.
- Set up purchasing agreements for unlicensed (Specials) and licenced medications internationally.
- Ensure that purchasing agreements accord with the Regulatory requirements governing medicine supply and delivery.
- Work across the board, mentoring members of the team, being involved in strategy, taking a hands on approach operationally, and monitoring transactional activities.
Your new company:
- An SME Pharmaceutical manufacturer based in London (car commuting advised).
- Setting up a new Clinical Trial Supply function and expecting growth over the coming years.
- An established business, with a pedigree of over 40 years.
The company with which we’re working recognises the need to provide an attractive package and have agreed to be entirely market-led. A consultant at Zest would be more than happy to give you some more information on an informal call and after running through your background.
Zest Medical is working to a strict deadline on this position, so please apply now and your CV will be reviewed immediately.
*Please note, Zest Business Group or any of its affiliated divisions will never send your CV to any of our clients without your express consent to proceed with a role which we’ve spoken with you about.*
Contact: Jason Cox
Telephone: 0114 229 1672