International Procurement Director - Pharmaceutical Purchasing
This Listing has Expired
We are sorry to say that this job is no longer available. However we are experts in recruitment and we are sure we can help you. You can view the related jobs on this page and if there is nothing suitable then please contact us on 0114 238 0012, register your CV, or register for job alerts all in confidence.
Are you an experienced Procurement professional with a background in the Pharmaceuticals industry? Have you got a history of buying medicines within an international customer base? Zest Medical has been requisitioned to find a Procurement Director for a developing Pharmaceutical Manufacturer based in London (car commute advised). With their new Clinical Trial Supply business unit due to start trading soon, they’re expecting to grow; this position will form part of the larger plan to manage those expansions.
- Demonstrable background in Procurement within the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industries.
- A background showing a track record of delivering cost savings and positive negotiations in supply agreements.
- Strategic exposure – aware of business needs in Procurement strategy and able to define and execute new plans to suit business goals.
- Familiar with setting up exclusive supply agreements and working internationally.
- Aware of the needs in B2B medicine sales.
- Experience in sourcing medicines for B2B selling internationally.
- Commercially astute, able to negotiate and understanding of the market needs.
- MCIPS or MBA
- SME experience
Your new Job:
- Report to the CEO and sit as one of the Directors, defining the business’ strategy.
- Be the lead for Procurement in an SME company undergoing expansions.
- Work closely with the new Business Development Director for the Clinical Trial Supply function.
- Set up purchasing agreements for unlicensed (Specials) and licenced medications internationally.
- Ensure that purchasing agreements accord with the Regulatory requirements governing medicine supply and delivery.
- Work across the board, mentoring members of the team, being involved in strategy, taking a hands on approach operationally, and monitoring transactional activities.
Your new company:
- An SME Pharmaceutical manufacturer based in London (car commuting advised).
- Setting up a new Clinical Trial Supply function and expecting growth over the coming years.
- An established business, with a pedigree of over 40 years.
The company with which we’re working recognises the need to provide an attractive package and have agreed to be entirely market-led. A consultant at Zest would be more than happy to give you some more information on an informal call and after running through your background.
Zest Medical is working to a strict deadline on this position, so please apply now and your CV will be reviewed immediately.
*Please note, Zest Business Group or any of its affiliated divisions will never send your CV to any of our clients without your express consent to proceed with a role which we’ve spoken with you about.*