IT Infrastructure and Networking Specialist
This role will be to provide technical support for all IT infrastructure and project related activities across our clients multi-site retail structure. Reporting to the IT Infrastructure Manager you will assist with hands on day-to-day support where specific technical expertise is required for all infrastructure aspects with their new stores and refurbs.
Areas Of Responsibilities
- Planning and execution of works to improve infrastructure (computer and networking hardware).
- Planning, execution, and maintenance of projects that involving store’s network, POS and hardware devices.
- Oversees management of store and office technology infrastructures including instore server build ups.
- Preparation, installation, and maintenance of hardware for new stores and refurbs.
- Procurement of hardware, inventory management and an understanding of hardware lifecycles.
- Manage relationships with external vendors (systems, infrastructure, etc.) ISP’s
- Build and configure laptops, iPads and devices
- Manage and support technology to deliver IT goals and objective for the company.
- Support of colleagues in IT team (including European teams) as necessary.
Technical Skills and Professional Knowledge
- Good understanding of internetworking principals and common network hardware.
- Good understanding of server builds.
- Confidence in a variety of OS environments – Windows, Linux, IOS
- Good understanding of windows and IOS configuration.
- Good understanding of standard PC hardware
- Excellent hardware and network troubleshooting skills
- Solid professional experience in IT, particularly in the field of networking.
- Solid academic background ideally with a formal IT related education.
- Experience and skills in project planning and management.
- Ability to communicate ideas and instructions orally and in writing to people with varying levels of IT knowledge.
Willingness and ability to travel to store sites in UK and overseas where necessary.
Contact: Steve McMurray
Telephone: 0114 238 1723