Quality Manager - Birmingham
This Listing has Expired
We are sorry to say that this job is no longer available. However we are experts in recruitment and we are sure we can help you. You can view the related jobs on this page and if there is nothing suitable then please contact us on 0114 238 0012, register your CV, or register for job alerts all in confidence.
Zest Medical are looking to recruit an accomplished Quality Manager to work within a technical Laboratory environment for our client who are a leading Ophthalmic lens supplier. The role will require you to take overall responsibility for all internal aspects of the quality system and managing the quality team, providing direction to the broader Technical, Commercial and Laboratory divisions. You will ensure that the UK activities comply with all internal and external standards, working closely with all relevant areas to develop and enhance continuous improvement across all functions within the business unit (Quality, Engineering and Production), as well as working with Corporate Quality to ensure Company principles are followed.
The ideal candidate must possess excellent leadership skills, with a highly tuned analytical approach and the ability to demonstrate successful planning and project management skills. Experience of cross-functional interfaces between Quality, Engineering and Production
- Leading the implementation of the long term quality strategy and its continuous improvements.
- Leading the training and development of the quality team to ensure skills are continuously improving to increase departmental competence and flexibility.
- Making sure the QMS remains in compliance with ISO 9001.
- Developing and maintaining an internal quality approach that supports the entire organization to find deviations and areas for improvement.
- Actively managing and leading the team to continuously improve internal and external audit programs
- Deriving recommendations and work with business intelligence function to develop and maintain a quality dashboard which generates an overview of quality performance
- Ensuring a robust and timely process for problem resolution (i.e. 8D methodology).
- Lean Six Sigma leadership including project identification, deployment and control
You will have Degree or Masters in a relevant discipline (Mechanical Engineering, Quality management or equivalent) with a proven history of relevant work experience in Quality Management. You will be a gifted Leader with coaching and development experience. A certified Auditor with experience in using Six Sigma, Lean and associated tools. The role will be office based in Birmingham with willingness to travel nationally & internationally to meet the needs of the business.
In return, you will be offered a competitive benefits package: Which will include basic salary, performance related bonus scheme & excellent working conditions. Contributory Company Pension Scheme and full expenses / travel allowance. For further information please contact Steve McMurray on 0114 238 1723 firstname.lastname@example.org