Associate Director, Medical Affairs - Specialty Care
It’s one of the highest revenue areas for this top tier Pharma business, and one of the busiest for the team. Having expanded from a mere 6 people to over 20 in the last three years, the Specialty team are powering through a Renal Immunology launch with Reimbursement being sought from NICE. On top of this, there are another 8+ indications being explored in the pipeline...
As a result, they’re looking for an Associate Director who’ll independently manage the launch process as well as being the main final signatory for the asset, before then expanding out to wherever the need is greatest amongst the other therapeutic areas being explored (including Dermatology, Nephrology, Respiratory, Immunology, Rheumatology & Covid-19).
Who are they looking for & what’s the job?
- Someone with Final Signatory Status
- This role required either a Medical Doctor or Pharmacist with strong former experience working as a final signatory.
- An experienced hand
- People being represented for this role will typically have held Senior Medical Advisor, Medical Manager or Associate Director positions for a number of years.
- Someone who’d confident in managing the Medical Plans
- This person will work quite autonomously to drive strategy for this drug, and then the rest of the pipeline. The position will report directly into the Medical Director leading the Specialty portfolio, and sit amongst an agile team of 4/5. There is no line management responsibility for this role.
- An agile worker
- The team is small but effective. The culture is one of a flat feeling hierarchy, and is largely project driven. With that in mind their looking for proactive workers, who like working autonomously and taking ownership of projects from start to finish.
- Someone with launch experience (highly preferable, but not essential)
- Preferable, but not essential. A number of assets are moving though late stages to launch this year so someone who understand the launch process and has worked with submissions (to NICE etc.) would be great. The focus is on final signatory experience however.
- Someone with experience in Specialty Care (preferable but not essential)
- Would be preferable again, but not ideal. They are open to people learning the therapeutic area, but candidates who have worked with similar products and demonstrate the signatory and launch experience may be prioritised.
Who’re the company?
- Top Tier Pharma
- A very successful pharma organisation with a demonstrable record.
- Breakthrough Designated therapies
- Strong pipeline
- Numerous assets on their own and in combination being explored over a variety of indications, with an existing marketed product list alongside generating revenue.
What do they offer?
- Competitive salary
- Including basic salary, bonus, shares, car allowance & wider package.
- Flexible working
- The ideal for them would be 1-2 days in the London office, but they’re open to looking at remote workers commuting circa. once a month.
- Excellent Progression opportunities
- The Director is a fine example of this. 80% of the Medical team are upwardly mobile within a 12-18 month period, and the business has a culture of growing its own talent.
For more information, please get in touch with Jason Cox at Zest Medical or apply now.
Please note, no CVs will be sent to any client before you’ve spoken to a consultant at Zest and given your express permission to be represented.
Full details of any role may not be disclosed unless a CV has been provided to Zest Medical in advance.
Contact: Jason Cox
Telephone: 0114 229 1672