UK Senior Medical Manager - Oncology
Are you a seasoned Medical Affairs professional either with experience in a Medical Management position or an aspiration to take a lead in a managerial role? Zest Medical has been asked by a leading blue-chip organisation (Top 10 pharma) to source a new Medical Manager for their UK Medical Affairs Directorate. This will be an important position for the business and will take a lead in setting out the Medical strategies and plans across both marketed and pipeline oncological products.
- Academic qualifications ideally to Medical Doctor (MD) or Pharmacist (PharmD) Level. Potentially an option for PhD candidates to be considered (To be confirmed).
- Working knowledge of the ABPI code of practice
- A background within Medical Affairs of a Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology business, ideally as a Medical Advisor or Medical Manager.
- Strong technical understanding of the medical field of Oncology with a demonstrated industry focus in working with emerging medicines.
- Strong exposure to externally facing activities covering a variety of stakeholders.
- Familiar in creating and enacting Medical plans including medical education initiatives, non-promotional strategies and submissions to boost access to new products (Health Technology Assessment (‘HTA’) Submissions etc.)
Your new job:
- Work alongside the Country Medical Lead and Medical Team Head to set out the strategy of the Medical Affairs function within the Oncology field over both marketed and pipeline products.
- Provide input to Medical education plans, non-promotional strategies, HTAs and the overall strategy of the Oncology franchise.
- Coach and mentor the more junior members of the team.
- Identify gaps in current processes and relay back with the directorate to resolve any procedural issues.
- Remain aware of competitor products and movements and adjust strategy accordingly in conjunction with the other Senior Medical Managers and Medical Leads for the UK.
- Flexibility for two days home working following probation.
Your new employer:
- Extremely successful blue-chip pharmaceutical business.
- Healthy list of both marketed and pipeline products.
- Great office environment with good public transport access from Central London.
Our client has agreed to be market led in terms of remuneration for this position. Any package will however include a basic salary, percentage bonus, car allowance and associated industry benefits. Whilst unable to advertise, a consultant at Zest would be happy to give you some more details following a discussion as to your experience.
Zest Medical is working to a strict deadline on this position, so please apply now and your application will be reviewed immediately.
*Please note that Zest Medical – or any division of Zest Business Group – will never send any of your personal information to any third party without your consent.*
Contact: Jason Cox
Telephone: 0114 229 1672