Zest Medical is looking to identify an ambitious Health Economist for a global leading Pharmaceutical Company based in Hertfordshire. This position is available permanently or as a 12 month FTC.
The role will manage the development of HTA strategies and plans which are aligned to strategic brand plans for new and existing products. You will manage cross-functional teams in the development and submission of evidence dossiers to NICE, SMC and AWMSG; as well as manage the appraisal and guideline processes to achieve the desired outcomes to time, message and budget.
- Present clinical and economic data to support the desired product positioning
- Manage cross functional teams in the development and submission of responses during the consultation phases of the NICE/SMC/AWMSG appraisal process to achieve the desired outcomes
- Select and manage UK academic centres and external suppliers to, develop and validate health economic models, adapt global HE models for UK HTA submissions, conduct HE studies and write HTA submissions
- To develop and deliver HE value arguments for new and existing products
- To work with brand teams to ensure that national HTA dossiers are, consistent with respect to product positioning and key messages and consistent with marketing/medical market access materials used at a regional and local level.
- To keep abreast of new trends and developments in HTA/HE methodology in order to achieve competitor advantage.
- To champion and co-ordinate the UK HTA plans with Global organisation and reinforce the UK as a centre of excellence.
- To raise the awareness, understanding and business application of HE and HTA in the UK
- To contribute as a constructive member of the Brand, HTA and Market Access Teams
- Right to work in the UK
- Degree level education in Economics, Medical/Health sciences or Pharmacy
- Post-graduate qualification desired in Health Economics, Statistics, or Epidemiology.
- Experience leading and/or contributing to HTA projects in the UK, including local model adaptations
- Experience building and adapting HE models and conducting HE studies
- Experience managing project budgets
- Project management experience and strong commercial awareness
- Excellent English comprehension and writing skills
- Office based in Hertfordshire with flexibility for 1-2 days from home after probationary period
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world renowned Pharmaceutical company with great scope to advance your career. We are working to a strict deadline so please apply now and your profile will be reviewed immediately.
Contact: Lawrence Murphy
Telephone: 0114 2291673