Head of Business Development - HEOR & Market Access
Zest Medical is currently partnered with a unique privately owned HEOR & Access consultancy that is looking to bring on board a Head of Business Development to take ownership of the commercial function. The role will have commercial responsibility for the company and report directly into the MD, playing a crucial part in the company’s continued growth and success.
The Head of Business Development will provide leadership by building the business development function, securing new business by proactively initiating relationships with new clients and leading the conversion of opportunities.
This is a senior position that will suit an experienced, entrepreneurial and ambitious professional that is excited by the prospect of building out a commercial function from scratch and being hands on with business development to drive the continued growth and success of the company.
The successful candidate will have previous experience selling HEOR and/or Market Access services with a strong network of relevant contacts.
- At least 8 years’ professional experience in a sales role within health economics, market access or consulting positions, within the pharmaceutical industry demonstrating a track record of high performance
- Excellent business development experience including prospect and lead generation, proposal and pitch development and conversion
- Excellent record of hitting business development targets in previous companies
- Experience building and maintaining lasting relationships with clients across all levels and geographies, and ability to leverage this network to provide business opportunities
- Experience developing and implementing standards and processes for companies
- Experience selling across key service areas; HTA, HE Modelling, Outcomes Research, P&R and Value Communication
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- Minimum 2.1 at degree level
- Excellent IT and numerical skills including proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Leadership of commercial sales, marketing, and customer relationship activities, including business development initiatives (business development meetings, horizon scanning, conferences, social media etc.) and business strategy for the business development function (e.g. hiring of new team members to a BD team)
- Ensure the company meets and/or exceeds its revenue and profitability targets by owning the sales tracking system and ensuring opportunities are followed up and converted. You and your team will have your own individual financial targets to meet and/or exceed.
- Identifying new prospective clients, unearthing new business opportunities, and proactively following up to ensure opportunities are converted to requests for proposals
- Developing existing client relationships, identifying opportunities for repeat business, and proactively following up to ensure opportunities are converted to requests for proposals
- Lead and ensure development of competitive, creative and compelling proposals and pitches to convert business opportunities
- Continue to develop and improve the commercial strategy and processes including (but not limited to) processes for marketing, sales, proposals, pitches
- Identify and represent the company at key industry events (e.g. ISPOR EU and ISPOR US) to generate new business leads
- Market research for competitive offerings and prospect needs
- Build strong, productive client relationships, acting as a trusted advisor to our clients, involving other expert team members as required
- Provide high-level strategic input into project content, to the internal team and clients
- Oversee office initiatives which contribute to the company’s mission and vision, including but not limited to recruitment and training for new team members
- Generate ideas and lead the development of innovative products and services
- Create and maintain strong relationships with the team and supporting functions to facilitate future business success by involving them in the preparation and presentation of proposals and pitches
Majority of the time office based in either London or Hertfordshire – flexibility for some home working
You must also be eligible to work in the UK
Very Competitive salary + benefits package
This is a very exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing consultancy as part of the Senior Management Team. We are working on a strict deadline so in order to be considered for this great opportunity please apply now and your profile will be reviewed immediately.
Contact: Lawrence Murphy
Telephone: 0114 2291673